Best Sellers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Big Animal Book (casebound) (My Big Board Books) [Board book]

My Big Animal Book (casebound) (My Big Board Books)
This is the perfect book for kids who love animals. On the big, sturdy board pages, they’ll discover bright, bold photographs of all different kinds of animals, from pets to farm animals to birds. Each has their name written underneath, so that children can learn what they’re called, build their animal vocabulary, and start to develop word and picture association.
 
My son received this book for his first birthday and it has quickly become a favorite. He still chooses this book regularly at storytime and he is now 18 months old. Reasons to buy this book include...

1. Great book for language development. The animals are sorted into groups including Baby Animals, Pets, On the Farm, Birds, and At the Zoo. A great book for playing "Where's the..." and "What's that?" pointing games.

2. Clear, beautiful photos. Each animal photograph is also placed against a solid colored background so that the image really stands out.

3. Unlike other animal photography books, the pages are not an animal collage with all the animals mixed in together. Each animal is shown in a square or rectangle with the name of the animals printed in lowercase underneath. Babies and Young toddlers are often confused by jumbled images and prefer the simplicity of how the animals are presented in this book.

4. The book also has a rhyming, interactive text. For example on the zoo page it says, "I'm hard to see when I'm out in the snow. Who am I? (polar bear) I carry a trunk wherever I go. Who am I? (elephant). My toddler, like most, is highly attracted to rhyming text.
 
My Big Book Of Stickers My Big Animal World Book (Smart Kids) My Big Animal Book (casebound) (My Big Board Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment